Monday, June 8, 2015

Ogden Utah.......beautiful mountains

Hello everyone...........
I am still in Ogden, Utah.
It partly boils down to the fact that I COULD have gone ahead to Great Falls, however the only spot they had for me was a back in which I would stay in for 3 days and then move to another site when the group arrived......WELL......let me just say....I was ALREADY in a back in spot and I wasn't about to do that again immediately, so I opted to just stay put.
The owner let me stay at the $15 Passport America rate for the 4 days despite the deal being only 2 days.......nice guy......same guy that drove me to the store for ice when I first arrived for that ever important 'beverage'......

Strawberry daquiri!!


I LOVE THIS PLACE!
I have driven up into the mountains for 2 days running. The scenery is breathtaking, and it is excellent practice....sans RV......to drive on 6 -16% grades!!!
Certainly does give one the opportunity to test out the old transmission and brakes on my beast of a truck....which, most people that own Dodge's and Chevy's would call a TOY-ota....but what do they know, right? It is doing the job, Must admit that I was very happy that I was not pulling the Cougar while going down this little puppy!!!

So, on to the scenery......This post will be MOSTLY pictures, because there are few words that will actually replace the pics.........I shall interject on occasion, just cause I like to talk.




















































                                         
                                                         .....Loves me...loves me not......


Osprey nest with young un'              
Hiking trail.....









                                            From where i was standing this looked like a great blue heron!






......as compared to the Texas mud!!!!!


                                       

                                              Deer on the side of the road.......















June 7th...........ROZ's birthday! happy birthday to you!
After my daytime adventures I did laundry......YIKES! 2$ a load and 6 minutes per 25 cents on the dryer. However, now I have clean undies for the rest of my trip!

June 8th- today is going to be a clean up day..soooo I slept in. I am never 100% sure what time it is when I wake up, because all the clocks are set differently due to the time zones that I drive thru. Arizona had it's own time zone as will Alaska.
I get up and look at the only reliable time source.........my phone.
SO, it was 10 o'clock when I crawled out of my comfy bed.
Put away last nights laundry, and will follow up with dusting, washing floors and repairing a tear in the vinyl floor. Tiny tear, but if I don't fix it surely it will become a big tear.


Here are a couple of miscellaneous pieces of useless information:       
  • The mosquitoes here are blonde as compared to their brunette southern counterparts. I have tried my darndest to get a picture of the little blood suckers but have failed. The night is young, so I will be out again this evening in hopes of capturing a pic of the devils.         
  • A good, interesting, informative picture is not only what you include, but also what you exclude. For example:
Here is a pic of my RV surrounded by the beautiful Mountains of Ogden.
Now, here is a pic of what lies just behind and to the right of my RV that I have chosen to exclude.
I feel a bit devilish for not always showing the whole picture, but would you have enjoyed it as much? Despite the 'debris' in back of me, I have totally enjoyed my stay and face my chair in the opposite direction.
Speaking of chairs.....I have had a dickens of a time folding my comfy little chair.
I finally took a picture of the step by step process, so that i could get the durn thing stowed away.


Easy as pie now! It was the chair, not me!!!


Figured you couldn't live without those pieces of trivia. Glad I could be of service!



Do you think the floors in RV's are strong enough to endure ZUMBA dancing?
I would hate to fall thru!
See you in GREAT FALLS MONTANA!

No comments:

Post a Comment