Saturday, May 9, 2015

the adventure begins

If I were to begin at the beginning, I would never be able to get to TODAY.
Suffice it to say, that, I sold my house and everything in it....except the fun stuff.....bought an RV and have been living in it for 2 1/2 years.
I have gotten rid of so much 'stuff' that it is unbelievable'!....It can be done, folks. You make a choice, and wa-la......it shall be done.
My issue now is to find the space for the things that can not be stored, gotten rid of, given away, or thrown away.......but....IT CAN BE DONE.
I am going to Alaska for 2 months and from there will work at Val Vista Resort just outside of Phoenix.
Here is my plan......I will OVER PACK the RV and truck until I get to Phoenix.....In Phoenix I will rent a small locker, and stow the 'unnecessary items' until I return from Alaska....
Super plan.
The last few weeks have kept me busy, but I am so close to being done!
Tomorrow I say goodbye to one of my finest friends....I am leaving so much behind....yes, but in going forward, I am gaining so much.
The lessons I have learned are priceless! For instance, NEVER leave your black tank lever open when dry camping.........cause guess what?  When you go to empty your tanks, you will FOR SURE get a 'poop shower'.   No doubt about it. It will happen.....and it will NOT be pretty. It (the shower) will spew out so fast that there is NOTHING you can do about it. You WILL be covered in poo! And as the poo is running all over the street and you are scampering to hose it all into whatever drain is nearby, there will be crows eating the corn particles that escaped into the street from your poop shower.............most embarrassing.
So, with that being said, my first pearl of wisdom that I pass on.........CLOSE THE LEVERS TO THE TANKS WHEN DRY CAMPING!!!
So, I leave on Tuesday to spend a week in Cape Coral seeing family, and from there..........I am OFF!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I will be following jealously from my couch!
    TRAVELING MERCIES
    Dell

    ReplyDelete